California to Kennewick.

California to Kennewick.

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Sister Gresham in Pendleton Oregon... (April 27 2015)

Only for a day...more on that later...
 
Monday: So, I went to the Chiropractor. Hes a member and does missionaries for free, so thats awesome. He saw right away how weird my body is lol and it working on my twice a week to help. We dont tract at all right now cuz its been killing me. So, we just try to talk to people we see on our way to lessons. Its been working ok.



Wednesday:
Taught a super less active member named Q. His job as a bouncer makes him see a lot of sketch stuff and he has to make tough calls sometimes. We talked about how Heavenly Father can give us direction thru the Holy Ghost. He says hes not coming to church, but he hecka loves us and will ask us questions then say "do we believe that?" lol.
Bro, Eternal Happiness is coming your way whether you see it or not! lol


and this joke emerged while talking with a member and has stuck ever since...

"in the Kitty Resurrection...."
"...no Sister thats doctrine for a later lesson..." LOL.

the Kitty resurrection...its the real deal bro.


That night we drove to Hermiston, OR to do an exchange with the Sister Training Leaders. I went to Pendleton with Sister Johnson from Kansas.

Thursday: The day of the exchange.
We were reallyyyy excited to do a church tour but the guy bailed. We've been invited and trained on doing church tours a lot.

We went to talk to a potential investigator and he was talking about how all these things have been coming up on facebook from friends that say stuff like "its a sin to hear women sing" but when he heard on of our womens choirs he was like "it sounded like angels" so he was confused and said hes nervous about coming to church because their "is a hit" on his head, because he left his white power gang...not uncommon here. It was intense. But we taught and testified a lot and he clearly felt the spirit and said he'd come to church.
Also, theres a TON of Llamas in Pendleton! LOVE <3
And we taught kids how to pray. It was awesome. I love teaching children <3 Especially that they are children of God and can pray to him. Thats one thing, if they understand, no one can take away from them.

Friday:
My one year anniversary of receiving my Endowment! It had me reflecting a lot. In general I've been thinking a lot about my own conversion and I can see how God had spent my whole life preparing me. Its super cool. I know He is doing that all over the place and that people are ready to receive the Gospel if we (ALL of us) will but open our mouths. 
That night we had our last pre-baptism lesson with June and Shaude. It was the best. And made me feel lots of feels. lol.

Saturday:
JUNE AND SHAUDES BAPTISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tears...tears everywhere.

They were so prepared and sooooo excited.
When I saw them in their baptismal suits, I lost it. I have been seeing them in my head in those since day one. And it was actually happening. When they got baptized, man, the Spirit was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo strong. Like, I could barely think about breathing, my heart was so full, it felt like my chest was going to explode. But, ya know, in a good way. I cried a bunch. When we shared our message in the middle, when I was inviting everyone to read the Book of Mormon and testified of its power, I lost it again. Because I've seen that power in action in their lives. How they went from struggling with a variety of things to being soooo happy and full of faith, the spirit and a desire to serve, all because they read and prayed. Its really that simple. When people read and ask God with a sincere heart he really makes it known unto them that He loves them and that the Book of Mormon is true. ITS AMAZING! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH! AND I LOVE HEAVENLY FATHER AND JESUS CHRIST SO MUCH!!!! :D 

Inline image 1
Before the Baptism

Inline image 2
After the Baptism with their daughter Jade, the man who baptized them, Brother Thorten and his daughter :)

BEST DAY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
This is what its all about. What makes every door slammed in your face, every "You're going to hell" every tear shed for people when they drop us, all of it, for this. Seeing people you love so much, who God and Christ love infinitely, make covenants with their Father in Heaven. Its amazing. No words can really describe the joy and love I feel for the Tarkong family. The Gospel has changed their lives sooooo much and I'm excited to see them grow more and more. I know that God have amazing plans for them <3

Sunday:
We fasted for a recent convert who is less active and a woman who wants to get baptized but doesnt have a testimony of the Gospel and is sort of scared of religion, but feels the spirit tell her she needs to get baptized...also, she has some mental/emotional health issues, so we don't know how accountable she is. I love being able to go to God for help. These are HIS CHILDREN. He knows them so perfectly and what their needs are and He guides us as we are faithful, diligent and obedient. Its awesome. 
June and Shaudes confirmations and blessings were so beautiful <3 I know they will be powerful additions to the Ward and building up Gods Kingdom :D
Their first Sunday as members, they fasted, paid fast offerings and tithing, and donated to the General Missionary fund and set appts to meet with Bishop to get their Temple Recommends to do Baptisms for the Dead! :D They are so full of faith. They are already making plans to receive their Endowments and get Sealed. I cant wait to return for that <3 Also, Jade keeps saying, "when I grow up I want to love and help people by being missionaries like Sister Gresham and Sister Faulkner" bahhh *weeping* Love her so much! <3


Life is great! I love missionary work!

You are all soooo loved by your Father in Heaven! Reach out to Him!!

Talk to y'all next week.

With lots of love,
   Sister Gresham <3

No comments:

Post a Comment